Deborah Black, MFTI
- Marriage and Family Therapist Intern #94725, Supervised by Missy Satterberg, MFT #52925
- M.A. in Counseling Psychology, B.S. in Business Management
- Strengths based approach to assessment, strategies, and treatment
- Trained in Cognitive Behavioral Therapy, Mindfulness, Art Therapy, Family Systems, Schema Therapy, and Positive Behavior Interventions and Support
- Therapist at Teen Therapy Center (formerly Los Gatos Teen Therapy) (2016-present).
- Marriage and Family Therapist Trainee treating children, adults, and families at Almaden Valley Counseling Services. Provided comprehensive assessment and evaluation and developed individualized treatment plans (2015-2016).
- School based therapist at Bagby Elementary School providing services for children and groups (2015-2016).
- Working with teens, families, and adults in various settings; helping connect them to resources within the community, educational programs and proving community support services (2010-2016).
- Provide corporate trainings in employee appreciation programs, stress reduction, team building, and culture awareness (2010-2016).
Special Areas of Interest:
- Anxiety disorders (anxiety, social anxiety, panic attacks, OCD)
- Relationship problems
- Grief and loss
Additional interest areas: ADHD, anger management, conflict resolution, depression, divorce, drug and alcohol use, family conflicts, fear and phobias, grief and loss, healthy communication, meditation, perfectionism, positive coping skills, relationships problems, school difficulties, self-esteem, social skills, spirituality counseling, stress management